Main Article Content
Interleukins (IL) 2, 6, 10, and C-reactive protein are crucial in arterial hypertension with obesity. Background. To identify the characteristics of inflammatory markers in patients with arterial hypertension and obesity, in accordance with the disease duration. Materials and Methods. The study involved 52 patients with stage II hypertension and obesity, divided in three groups according to the disease duration. In the first group consisted of 19 patients disease duration was 5 years, in the second (18 patients) — 6–10 years, and in the third one (15 patients) — more than 11 years. The serum levels of inflammatory markers were determined by ELISA. Results. When disease duration is 6–10 years, the IL‑6 level is increased slightly compared to the first group, and then decreased. The content of IL‑2 was increased in the first group by 3.74 times, and further decreased by 3.15 times and 3.04 times, respectively, compared to the controls. Levels of IL‑10 and C-reactive protein have the same tendency, as IL‑6. Conclusions. It was found that levels of interleukin 2, 6, 10, and C-reactive protein are significantly increased in patients with hypertension and obesity (greater levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines than the anti-inflammatory). Lengthening the duration of illness leads to less expressive inflammation that may indicate deeper immunological disorders. Initially increased blood concentration of cytokines and C-reactive protein became significantly reduced under standard therapy, but not significantly different from the controls, except the level of IL‑2.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Druzhilov MA, Druzhilova ОY, Beteleva YE, Kuznetsova ТY. Obesity as cardiovascular risk factor: accent on quality and functional activity of fatty tissue. Rossiyskiy kardiologicheskiy zhurnal. 2015;4(120):111-117. DOI: 10.15829/1560-4071-2015-04-111-117 (Russian)
Bilovol OM, Kovaliova OM, Popova SS, Tveretinov OB. Obesity in practice of cardiologist and endocrinologist. Теrnopil: Ukrmedknyga, 2009; 301 s. (Ukrainian)
Gusiev EY, Chereshniov VA. System inflammation: theoretical and methodological description of model of pathological process. Part 4. Dynamics of process. Patologicheskaya fiziologia i eksperimentalnaya terapiya. 2014;58(4):4-16. (Russian)
Zhang C. The role of inflammatory cytokines in endothelial dysfunction. Basic Res. Cardiol. 2008;103(5):398-406. DOI:10.1007/s00395-008-0733-0
Simonenko VB, Medvedev IN, Nosova TY. Aggregating function of thrombocytes at persons with arterial hypertension and abdominal obesity. Кlinicheskaya meditsina. 2008;5:22-24. (Russian)
Helmersson-Karlqvist J, Björklund-Bodegård K, Larsson A, Basu S. 24-Hour ambulatory blood pressure associates inversely with prostaglandin F (2α), interleukin-6 and F(2)-isoprostane formation in a Swedish population of older men. Int. J. Clin. Exp. Med. 2012;5(2):145-53. PMID:22567175; PMCID:PMC3342711
Levi M, van der Poll T. Inflammation and coagulation. Crit. Care Med. 2010;38:26-34. PMID:20083910; DOI:10.1097/CCM.0b013e3181c98d21
Tuzankina IA. To the question about diagnostics of immunopathology. Меditsinskaya immunologia. 2010;6:485-496. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15789/1563-0625-2010-6-485-496 (Russian)
Beghdali W, Madjene LC, Benhamou M. Mast cell as cellular sensors in inflammation and immunity. Front. Immunol. 2011;2:37-52. PMCID: PMC3342044; doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2011.00037
George Cr. From Fahrenheit to cytokines: fever, inflammation and the kidney. J. Nephrol. 2006;19(10):88-97. PMID:16874719
Ovsiannikov VG, Boychenko AE, Blikian MV. С-reactive protein in patients with somatic pain. Tsitokiny i vospaleniye. 2013;1:22-25. (Russian)
Radtke S, Waller S, Yang X. Cross-regulation of cytokine signalling: pro-inflammatory cytokines restrict IL-6 signalling through receptor internalisation and degradation. J. Cell. Sci. 2010;13(6):947-959. doi: 10.1242/jcs.065326.
Kishimoto T. Interleukin-6: discovery of a pleiotropic cytokine. Arthritis Res. Ther. 2006;8(2):2-14. PMID: 16899106; PMCID: PMC3226075; DOI:10.1186/ar1916
Ketlinskiy SA, Simbirtsev AS. Cytokines. SPb.:Foliant, 2008;408 s. (Russian)
Serebrennikova SN, Seminskiy IZ. A role of cytokines in an inflammatory process. Sibirskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal. 2008;6:5-8. (Russian)
Chereshniova MV, Chereshniov VA. Immune and pathological mechanisms of local inflammation. Меditsinskaya immunologiy. 2011;6:557-568. (Russian)
Маrkelova EV, Kostiushko AV, Krasnikov VE. Nosotropic role of violations in the system of cytokines at infectiously-inflammatory diseases. Tihooreanskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal. 2008;3:24-29. (Russian)
Мukhundinova FI, Mustafin IG, Hafizianova RH. Cytokines of lymph and blood at the fever of different degree of expressed. Bulleten’ eksperimental’noy biologii i meditsiny. 2012;153(4):438-440. (Russian)
Theoharides TC, Alysandratos KD, Angelidou A. Mast cells and inflammation. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2012;1822(1):21-33. PMID: 21185371; PMCID: PMC3318920; DOI:10.1016/j.bbadis.2010.12.014
Sandgren NC, Zhu W, Yuhanna IS. Coupling of FcγRI to FcγRIIB by Src Kinase Mediates C-reactive Protein Impairment of Endothelial Function. Circ. Res. 2011;109(10):1132-1140. doi: 10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.111.254573