Main Article Content
The problem of treatment optimization for type 1 diabetes mellitus (DM) in children is not completely resolved so far, while recommendations concerning physical activity (PA) regimen usually do not consider the features of patients’ metabolic status. Objective of this article — to determine the features of blood lipid depending on PA level of children and adolescents with DM type 1. Materials and Methods. The study involved 173patients with DM type 1 aged 7–18 years, with disease duration from 1 to 10 years, with determination of carbohydrate metabolism indicators, blood lipids, as well as FA level using a modified adapted questionnaire. Results. It was found that children and adolescents with type 1 DM reported atherogenically directed lipid changes in terms of increased levels of total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol and triglycerides (TG) combined with a decreased level of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol. Identified lipid disorders were to a large degree associated with decompensation of the disease. High PA levels in children with type 1 DM is accompanied by various lipid changes depending on the state of metabolic compensation — at HbA1c level < 9 % we observed increased indicators of TG, LDL cholesterol and VLDL cholesterol, while at HbA1c level > 7.5 % — decreased HDL cholesterol. The findings show a different impact of high PA level on the state of metabolism in children with DM type 1, in particular the possibility of dyslipidemia onset and increased risk of diabetic complications.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Болотова Н.В. Нарушения метаболизма у детей с сахарным диабетом 1-го типа и их коррекция / Болотова Н.В., Скучаева Л.В., Новикова Е.П., Николаева Н.В. [Електронний ресурс] // Лечащий врач. — 2010. — № 4. — http://www.lvrach.ru/2010/04/12842124/
Сенаторова Г.С. Предиктори серцево-судинних ускладнень у дітей із цукровим діабетом I типу [Електронний ресурс] // Здоровье ребенка. — 2009. — № 4(19). — http://www.mif-ua.com/archive/article_print/9430.
Blessing D.L. Blood lipid and physiological responses to endurance training in adolescents [Text] / D.L. Blessing, R.E. Keith, H.N. Williford et al. // Ped. Exerc. Sci. — 1995. — Vol. 7. — P. 192-202.
Белая Ж.Е. Роль физических нагрузок в норме и при сахарном диабете [Текст] / Ж.Е. Белая, О.М. Смирнова, И.И. Дедов // Пробл. эндокринологии. — 2005. — № 2. — С. 28-37.
Rigla M. Effect of physical exercise on lipoprotein a LDL-c modifications in type 1 & 2 diabetic patients [Text] / M. Rigla, J.L. Sanchez-Quesada, J. Ordóñez-Llanos et al. // Metabolism. — 2000. — Vol. 49, № 5. — Р. 640-647.
Schmitz K.H. Association of physical activity with insulin sensitivity in children [Text] / K.H. Schmitz, D.R. Jacobs Jr., C.P. Hong et al. // Int. J. Obes. Relat. Metab. Disord. — 2002. — Vol. 26. — Р. 1310-1316.
Kelley G.A. Aerobic exercise and lipids and lipoproteins in children and adolescents: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials [Text] / G.A. Kelley, K.S. Kelley // Atherosclerosis. — 2007. — Vol. 191. — P. 447-453.
Koozehchian M.S. The role of exercise training on lipoprotein profiles in adolescent males [Електронний ресурс] / M.S. Koozehchian, F. Nazem, R.B. Kreider et al. // Lipids in Health and Disease. — 2014. — 13. — 95. — http://www.lipidworld.com/content/13/1/95/abstract.
Морозов О.В. Оцінка фізичної активності у здорових та хворих на цукровий діабет дітей і підлітків (огляд літератури та власні дані) / О.В. Морозов, О.А. Будрейко // Проблеми ендокринної патології. — 2013. — № 4. — С. 78-87.
ISPAD Clinical Practice Consensus Guidelines 2009 Compendium // Pediatric Diabetes. — 2009. — Vol. 10 (Suppl. 12). — 210 p.