Main Article Content
The article presents the findings of the study on the effect of increased thyroid function on the background of insulin resistance on the performance of the structure and function of the heart. It has been found that in increased thyroid function, main nosological form of myocardial damage in patients without concomitant cardiovascular disease is the development of metabolic endocrine cardiomyopathy. Feature of heart disorder in thyrotoxicosis syndrome is an absence of cardosclerotic, myocarditic and ischemic processes. Features of clinical, instrumental and laboratory changes in patients with elevated thyroid function are subjective manifestation, trend towards the development of systolic hypertension, expressed hypolipidemia, tendency to hyperglycemia. Manifestations of electrical dysfunction of the myocardium in hyperthyroidism are increased heart rate, expressed trend towards increase of arrhythmogenesis (mainly ventricular type), disturbance of ventricular repolarization and the prevalence of electrical inhomogeneity of the myocardium of both atria and ventricles. Morphofunctional changes of the heart in thyrotoxicosis syndrome manifest by increase in the size of its cavities, left ventricular mass, rapid relaxation of the latter. Heart disease in thyrotoxicosis is characterized by an increase in the duration and dispersion of QTc interval, which indicates a violation of myocardial repolarization, and increase in its electrical inhomogeneity, which can be a predictor of the risk of ventricular arrhythmias. Changes in cardiac function at thyrotoxicosis in male patients are characterized by greater severity of electrophysiological and morphofunctional changes in the myocardium compared to female patients.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Балаболкин М.И., Клебанова Е.М., Креминская В.М. Фундаментальная и клиническая тиреоидология: Руководство. — М.: Медицина, 2007. — 816 с.
Карась А.С. Щитовидная железа и сердце / Карась А.С., Обрезан А.Г. // Клиническая и экспериментальная тиреоидология. — 2009. — № 3. — С. 37-42.
Паньків В.І. Практична тиреоїдологія. — Донецьк, 2011. — 224 c.
Brenta G. Diabetes and thyroid disorders // British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease. — 2010. — Vol. 10(4). — P. 172-177.
Cappola A.R., Fried L.P., Arnold A.M. et al. Thyroid status, cardiovascular risk, and mortality in older adults // JAMA. — 2006 — Vol. 295, № 9. — P. 1033-1041.
Flynn R.W., McDonald T.M., Jung R.T. et al. Mortality and vascular outcomes in patients treated for thyroid dysfunction // J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. — 2006. — Vol. 91, № 6. — P. 2159-2164.
Rezzonico J., Niepomniszcze H., Rezzonico M. et al. The association of insulin resistance with subclinical thyrotoxicosis // Thyroid. — 2011. — Vol. 21, № 9. — P. 945-949.