Main Article Content
The article presents the results of using new antihyperglycemic drug — a selective inhibitor of the sodium-glucose cotransporter type 2 — dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. The influence of this drug on the effectiveness of glycemic control, blood pressure level, lipid profile, body weight has been analyzed, compliance has been assessed. According to the practice of dapagliflozin application in the combination antidiabetic therapy, the drug is easy to use, provides sufficient glycemic control (significant decrease in glycated hemoglobin by an average of 0.98 %), reduces body weight in the presence of obesity or overweight (a decrease in the body mass index by an average of 1.78 kg/m2), has a positive effect on blood pressure, has no significant effect on the correction of dyslipidemia in the presence of transient adverse reactions in some women in the form of cystitis and vulvovaginitis, does not require discontinuation of treatment. Application of dapagliflozin in combination hypoglycemic therapy in patients with diabetes type 2 is suitable for achieving compensation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Инструкция по медицинскому применению препарата Форксига, утвержденная МЗ Украины 23.12.2013.
Маньковский Б.Н. Терапия сахарного диабета 2 типа: нереализованные потребности и новые возможности // Діабет. Ожиріння. Метаболічний синдром. — 2014. — № 4(ІІІ). — С. 37-41.
Филиппова И. Прогностическое значение ранней диагностики сахарного диабета // Ремедиум. — 2014. — № 3. — С. 65-75.
De Fronzo R.A. Banting Lecture. From the triumvirate to the ominous octet: A new paradigm for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus // Diabetes. — 2009. — Vol. 58. — P. 773-795.
Han S., Hagan D.L., Taylor J.R. et al. Dapagliflozin, a selective SGLT2 inhibitor, improves glucose homeostasis in normal and diabetic rats // Diabetes. — 2008. — Vol. 57. — P. 1723-1729.
International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas. — 6th ed. — Brussels, Bergium: International Diabetes Federation, 2013. — http: idf.org/ diaberesatlas
Komoroski B., Vachharajani N., Boulton D. et al. Dapagliflozin, a novel SGLT2 inhibitor, induces dose-deendent glucosuria in healthy subjects // Clin. Pharmacol. Ther. — 2009. — Vol. 85. — P. 520-526.
Macdonald F.R., Peel J.E., Jones H.B. et al. The novel sodium glucose transporter 2 inhibitor dapagliflozin sustains pancreatic function and preserves islet morphology in obese, diabetic rats // Diabetes Obes. Metab. — 2010. — Vol. 12. — P. 1004-1012.
Meng W., Ellsworth B.A., Nirschl A.A. et al. Discovery of dapagliflozin: a potent, selective renalsodium-dependent glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor for the treatmentof type 2 diabetes // J. Med. Chem. — 2008. — Vol. 51. — P. 1145-1149.
Obermeier M., Yao M., Khanna A. et al. In vitro characterization and pharmacokinetics of dapagliflozin (BMS-512148), a potent sodium-glucose cotransporter type II inhibitor, in animals and humans // Drug Metab. Dispos. — 2010. — Vol. 38. — P. 405-414.
Shah N.K., Deeb W.E., Choksi R., Epstein B.J. Dapagliflozin: a novel sodium-glucose cotransporter type 2 inhibitor for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus // Pharmacotherapy. — 2012. — Vol. 32(1). — P. 80-94.
Zhang L., Feng Y., List J. et al. Dapagliflozin treatment in patients with differentstages of type 2 diabetes mellitus: effects on glycaemic control and body weight // Diabetes Obes. Metab. — 2010. — Vol. 12. — P. 510-516.