Main Article Content
The study involved 63 patients with essential hypertension and diabetes mellitus type 2. The control group consisted of 16 apparently healthy individuals. Complex of examination included conventional clinical-laboratory and instrumental methods, ultrasound of the heart with Doppler sonography, determining apelin blood concentration by ELISA. Patients with essential hypertension and diabetes mellitus type 2 compared with the control group had a probable reduction in apelin level associated with the development of pathological cardiac remodeling, increasing the size of the left atrium and diastolic dysfunction of the heart.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Kovalenko V.N. Arteryal'naya hypertenzyya u osobыkh katehoryy bol'nыkh / V.N. Kovalenko V., E.P. Svyshchenko. — K.: MORYON, 2009. — 376 s.
Pysarenko O.P. Uchastye NO-zavysymыkh mekhanyzmov deystvyya apelyna v zashchyte myokarda ot yshemycheskoho y reperfuzyonnoho povrezhdenyya / O.P. Pysarenko, L.Y. Serebryakova, Yu.A. Peloheykyna [y dr.] // Kardyolohyya. — 2012. — # 2. — S. 52 — 58.
Dray C, Knauf C, Daviaud D et al. Apelin stimulates glucose utilization in normal and obese insulin-resistant mice. Cell. Metab. 2008;8:437-445. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2008.10.003.
Falcone C, Buzzi MP, Dangelo A et al. Apelin plasma levels predict arrhythmia recurrence in patients with persistent atrial fibrillation. Int. J. Immunopathol. Pharmacol. 2010;23:917-925.
Foussal C, Laires D, Calise D et al. Activation of catalase by apelin prevents oxidative stress-linked cardiac hypertrophy. FEBS Lett. 2010; 584 (11): 2363–2370. doi: 10.1016/j.febslet.2010.04.025.
Japp AG, Cruden NL, Barnes G et al. Acute cardiovascular effects of apelin in humans: potential role in patients with chronic heart failure. Circulation. 2010;121(16):1818-1827. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.109.911339.
Kallergis EM, Manios EG, Kanoupakis EM et al. Effect of sinus rhythm restoration after electrical cardioversion on apelin and brain natriuretic peptide prohormone levels in patients with persistent atrial fibrillation. Am J Cardiol. 2010;105(1):90-94. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2009.08.656.
Paul R. Kalra, Jackie Donovan, James Hooper et al. Myocardial apelin production is reduced in humans with left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Journal of Cardiac Failure. 2010;.16 (7):556-561. doi: 10.1016/j.cardfail.2010.02.004.
Koguchi W., Kobayashi N., Takeshima H. et al. Cardioprotective effect of apelin-13 on cardiac performance and remodeling in end-stage heart failure. Circ. J. 2012;76(1):137-144. doi.org/10.1253/circj.CJ-11-0689
Mancia G, Fagard R, Narkiewicz K et. al. 2013 ESH/ESC Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension: the Task Force for the management of arterial hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). J. Hypertens. 2013;31(7):1281-1357. doi: 10.1097/01.hjh.0000431740.32696.cc.
Papadopoulos DP, Mourouzis I, Faselis C et al. Masked hypertension and atherogenesis: the impact of apelin and relaxin plasma levels. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2013;15(5):333-336. doi: 10.1111/jch.12075.
Przewlocka-Kosmala M, Kotwica T, Mysiak A et al. Reduced circulating apelin in essential hypertension and its association with cardiac dysfunction. J. of Hypert. 2011; 29 (5):971-979. doi: 10.1097/HJH.0b013e328344da76.
Tycinska AM, Lisowska A, Musial WJ et al. Apelin in acute myocardial infarction and heart failure induced by ischemia. Clin. Chim. Acta. 2012; 413(3-4):406-410. doi: 10.1016/j.cca.2011.11.021.
Shiming Xu, Philip S. Tsao, Patrick Yue. Apelin and insulin resistance: another arrow for the quiver? J Diabetes. 2011;3(3):225–231. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-0407.2011.00132.x.