The Importance of Clinical and Diagnostic Markers of Aggression of Non-Functional Pituitary Adenomas
Keywords:non-functional pituitary adenomas, markers of aggression
Sixty patients with non-functional pituitary adenomas were observed. Most patients had large-cell chromophobe pituitary adenomas (81.6%). Small-cell chromophobe adenomas occurred in 10 % cases. Only 1 patient (3.3 %) had giant carcinoma with regrowth and metastasis into the brain. Markers of aggression of non-functional pituitary adenomas are the young age of a patient, expressed first symptoms of disease manifestation, large size of tumor, asymmetry and deformation of pituitary, invasion of tumor to the neighboring tissues/arteries/cavernous sinus, presence of small cell and dark-cell chromophobe adenoma, panhypopituitarism.
Булатов А.А. Современная концепция патогенеза опухолей гипофиза // Проблемы эндокринологии. — 2000. — № 1. — С. 26-29.
Урманова Ю.М., Шакирова М.Ю., Алиева Д.А. Функциональное состояние системы «гипофиз — гонады» у мужчин с неактивными аденомами гипофиза и дефицитом гормона роста у взрослых // Международный эндокринологический журнал. — 2014. — № 3. — С. 56-61.
Cury M.L., Fernandes J.C., Machado H.R. Non-functioning pituitary adenomas: clinical feature, laboratorial and imaging assessment, therapeutic management and outcome // Arq. Bras. Endocrinol. Metabol. — 2009. — Vol. 53(1). — P. 31-39.
Ragel B.T., Couldwell W.T. Pituitary carcinoma: a review of the literature // Neurosurg Focus. — 2004. — Vol. 16(4). — P. 7-11.
Sibal I. Pituitary apoplexy: a review of clinical presentation, management and outcomes // Pituitary. — 2005. — № 1. —
Copyright (c) 2020 Yu.M. Urmanova, Z.Yu. Khalimova, R.B. Faizullaev, M.Yu. Shakirova, D.Sh. Kholova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.