Main Article Content
Considering certain difficulties in subclinical hypercorticism diagnosis, the object of this work is to focus attention of doctors in different areas on the necessity of thorough examination of patients with pathological conditions that may be the manifestation of Cushing’s syndrome (arterial hypertension, obesity, impaired carbohydrate metabolism and osteoporosis). The laboratory diagnosis is the instrument for early subclinical hypercorticism detection.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Melmed S. Williams textbook of endocrinology. – 12th ed./S.Melmed [et al]. Philadelphia, 2012. 1920 р.
Findling JW, Raff H. Screening and diagnosis of Cushing’s syndrome. Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North Am. 2005.;34:385-402.
Nieman L. Cushing’s syndrome: update on signs, symptoms and biochemical screening. Eur. J. Endocrinol. 2015; 173:33-38, doi: 10.1530/EJE-15-0464.
Chanson P, Salenave S. Metabolic syndrome in Cushing’s syndrome. Neuroendocrinology. 2010; 92(suppl 1): 96-101.
Anderson G, Blakeman N, Streeten DH.. The effect of age on prevalence of secondary forms of hypertension in 4,429 consecutively referred patients. J. Hypertens. 1994;12: 609-615.
Omura M. Prospective study on the prevalence of secondary hypertension among hypertensive patients visiting a general outpatient clinic in Japan. Hypertens. Res. 2004; 27: 193-202.
Faggiano A. Cardiovascular risk factors and common carotid artery caliber and stiffness in patients with Cushing’s disease during active disease and 1 year after disease remission. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2003; 88: 2527-2533.
Fallo F. Effect of surgical treatment on hypertension in Cushing’s syndrome. Am. J.Hypertens. 1996; 9: 77-80.
Giordano R. Metabolic and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with Cushing’s syndrome of different etiologies during active disease and 1 year after remission. Clin. Endocrinol. (Oxf). 2011; 75: 354-360.
Catargi B. Occult Cushing’s syndrome in type-2 diabetes. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2003; 88: 5808-5813.
Reimondo G. Screening of Cushing’s syndrome in adult patients with newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007; 67: 225-229.
Chiodini I. Association of subclinical hypercortisolism with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a case-control study in hospitalized patients. Eur. J. Endocrinol. 2005; 153: 837-844.
Praveen EP. Morning cortisol is lower in obese individuals with normal glucose tolerance. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy. 2011; 4: 347-352.
Basu R. Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes Do Not Alter Splanchnic Cortisol Production in Humans. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2005; 90: 3919-3926.
Ness-Abramof R. Overnight dexamethasone suppression test: a reliable screen for Cushing’s syndrome in the obese. Obes. Res. 2002; 10: 1217-1221.
Tiryakioglu O. Screening for Cushing’s syndrome in obese patients. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2010; 65: 9-13.
Otdalennyie rezultatyi hirurgicheskogo lecheniya sindroma Kushinga, obuslovlennogo kortikosteromoy // Materialyi 9-go (11-go) Ros.simpoziuma po hirurgicheskoy endokrinologii [«Sovremennyie aspektyi hirurgicheskoy endokrinologii»] – Chelyabinsk, 2000. – S. 180 – 185.
Chiodini I. Subclinical hypercortisolism among outpatients referred for osteoporosis. Ann. Intern. Med. 2007; 147: 541-548.
Zografos GN, Perysinakis I, Vassilatou E. Subclinical Cushing's syndrome: current concepts and trends. Hormones (Athens). 2014;13 (3): 323-337.
Gatta B. Reevaluation of the combined dexamethasone suppression-corticotropin-releasing hormone test for differentiation of mild Cushing’s disease from pseudoCushing’s syndrome. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2007; 92(11): 4290-4293.
Nieman LK. The Diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome: аn endocrine society clinical practice guideline. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2008; 93: 1526-1540.
Terzolo M, Pia A, Reimondo G. Subclinical Cushing’s syndrome: definition and management. Clinical Endocrinology. 2012; 76:12-18.
Zeiger MA. American association of clinical endocrinologists and American association of endocrine surgeons medical guidelines for the management of adrenal incidentaloma. Endocrine practice. 2009;15: 1-20.
Ob'emnyie obrazovaniya nadpochechnikov (diagnostika i differentsialnaya diagnostika): metodicheskie rekomendatsii dlya vrachey, okazyivayuschih spetsializirovannuyu meditsinskuyu pomosch / E. A. Troshina [i dr.]. Pod red. I. I. Dedova, G. A. Melnichenko // Consilium Medicum. 2009; 11, # 12. – S. 76-94.