Main Article Content
The article reviewed the links between polymorphism of endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene (Glu298Asp) and the development and progression of chronic heart failure in patients with ischemic heart disease and obesity. There has been a comprehensive survey of 222 patients with ischemic heart disease. Comparison group consisted of 115 patients with ischemic heart disease with normal body weight. The control group included 35 healthy individuals. G allele and genotype G/G polymorphism of the gene of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (Glu298Asp) was associated with the development of ischemic heart disease. The presence of allele G and G/G genotype polymorphism of the gene of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (Glu298Asp) in patients with ischemic heart disease with concomitant obesity has been associated with the development of chronic heart failure, while the A allele was associated with decreased risk of heart failure. Progression of chronic heart failure in patients with ischemic heart disease and obesity was associated with the G allele of polymorphism of endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene (Glu298Asp), and A allele has protective properties.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Casas J.P., Cavalleri G.L., Bautista L.E. et al. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms and cardiovascular disease: a HuGE review. Amer. J. Hum. Gen. Epidemiol. 2006; 17: 1–15.
Cooke J.P. The endotelium: a new target for therapy. Vase. Med. 2000; 5: 49–53.
Dell’Omo G., Penno G., Pucci L. et al. Lack of association between endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms, microalbuminuria and endothelial dysfunction in hypertensive men. J. Hypertens. 2007; 25 (7): 1389–1395.
Joshi M., Mineo C., Shaul P. et al. Biochemical consequences of the NOS3 Glu298Asp variation in human endothelium:altered caveolar localizacion and impaired response to shear. FASEB J. 2007; 21 (11): 2655–2663.
Lam C.S., Brutsaert D.L. Brutsaert endothelial dysfunction a pathophysiologic factor in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60(18):1787–1789.
McNamara D.M., Tam S.W., Sabolinski M.L. et al. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3) polymorphisms in African Americans with heart failure: results from the A-HeFT trial. J. Card Fail. 2009; 15: 191–198.
Salimi S., Mohsen Firoozrai A.B., Hamid Z. C. et al. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene Glu298Asp polymorphism in patients with coronary artery disease. Ann Saudi Med. 2010; 30(1): 33–37.
Sharma D., Hussainemail S.A., Akhteremail N. et al. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) gene Glu298Asp polymorphism and expression in North Indian preeclamptic women. Pregnancy Hypertension. 2014; 4(1): 65–69.
Tanus-Santos J.E., Desai M., Flockhart D.A. Effects of ethnicity on the distribution of clinically relevant endothelial nitric oxide variants. Pharmacogenetics. 2001; 11: 719–725.
Velloso M.W., Pereira S.B., Gouveia L. et al. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase Glu298Asp gene polymorphism in a multi-ethnical population with heart failure and controls. Nitric Oxide. 2010; 22(3): 220–225.
Yaghmaei M., Salimi S., Mokhtari M. et al. September Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene Glu298Asp polymorphism and risk of preeclampsia in South East of Iran. Afr. J. of Biotechnol. 2011; 10(52): 10712–10717.
Zakrzewski-Jakubiak M., de Denus S., Dube M.P. et al. Ten renin-angiotensin system-related gene polymorphisms in maximally treated Canadian Caucasian patients with heart failure. Br. J. Clin. Pharmacol. 2008; 65: 742–751.
Voronkov L.H. Patsiyent iz KhSN v Ukrayini: analiz usiyeyi populyatsiyi patsiyentiv, obstezhenykh u ramkakh pershoho natsional’noho zrizovoho doslidzhennya UNIVERS. Sertseva nedostatnist’. 2012; 1: 8–13. Ukrainian.
Kuznetsova T.Yu., Dudanov Y.P., Havrylov D.V. y dr. Khronycheskaya serdechnaya nedostatochnost’ u patsyentov s arteryal’noy hypertenzyey y polymorfyzmы Glu298Asp NO-syntazы y S24Tr22phox hena NADPH-oksydazы. Serdechnaya nedostatochnost’. 2007; 6 (44): 274–277. Russian.
Teplyakov A.T., Shylov S.N., Berezykova E.N. y dr. Polymorfyzm henov eNOS y iNOS pry khronycheskoy serdechnoy nedostatochnosty u bol’nыkh yshemycheskoy bolezn’yu serdtsa. Kardyol. 2010; 4: 34–38. Russian.