Main Article Content
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Louati K, Vidal C, Berenbaum F, Sellam J. Association between diabetes mellitus and osteoarthritis: systematic literature review and meta-analysis. RMD Open. 2015;1(1):e000077. doi:10.1136/rmdopen-2015-000077.
Williams MF, London DA, Husni EM, Navaneethan S, Kashyap SR. Type 2 diabetes and osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30(5):944–950. doi:10.1016/j.jdiacomp.2016.02.016.
Rahman MM, Cibere J, Anis AH, Goldsmith CH, Kopec JA. Risk of Type 2 Diabetes among Osteoarthritis Patients in a Prospective Longitudinal Study. Int J Rheumatol. 2014;2014:620920. doi:10.1155/2014/620920.
Schett G, Kleyer A, Perricone C, et al. Diabetes is an independent predictor for severe osteoarthritis: results from a longitudinal cohort study. Diabetes Care. 2013;36(2):403–409. doi:10.2337/dc12-0924.
Magnusson K, Hagen KB, Østerås N, Nordsletten L, Natvig B, Haugen IK. Diabetes is associated with increased hand pain in erosive hand osteoarthritis: data from a population-based study. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2015;67(2):187–195. doi:10.1002/acr.22460.
Alenazi AM, Alshehri MM, Alothman S, et al. The Association of Diabetes with Knee Pain Severity and Distribution in People with Knee Osteoarthritis using Data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Sci Rep. 2020;10(1):3985. doi:10.1038/s41598-020-60989-1.
King KB, Rosenthal AK. The adverse effects of diabetes on osteoarthritis: update on clinical evidence and molecular mechanisms. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015;23(6):841–850. doi:10.1016/j.joca.2015.03.031.
Frey N, Hügle T, Jick SS, Meier CR, Spoendlin J. Type II diabetes mellitus and incident osteoarthritis of the hand: a population-based case-control analysis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2016;24(9):1535–1540. doi:10.1016/j.joca.2016.04.005.
Alenazi AM, Alothman S, Alshehri MM, et al. The prevalence of type 2 diabetes and associated risk factors with generalized osteoarthritis: a retrospective study using ICD codes for clinical data repository system. Clin Rheumatol. 2019;38(12):3539–3547. doi:10.1007/s10067-019-04712-0.
Gokcen N, Cetinkaya Altuntas S, Coskun Benlidayi I, Sert M, Nazlican E, Sarpel T. An overlooked rheumatologic manifestation of diabetes: diabetic cheiroarthropathy. Clin Rheumatol. 2019;38(3):927–932. doi:10.1007/s10067-019-04454-z.
Magnusson K, Bech Holte K, Juel NG, et al. Long term type 1 diabetes is associated with hand pain, disability and stiffness but not with structural hand osteoarthritis features - The Dialong hand study. PLoS One. 2017;12(5):e0177118. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0177118.
Nieves-Plaza M, Castro-Santana LE, Font YM, Mayor AM, Vilá LM. Association of hand or knee osteoarthritis with diabetes mellitus in a population of Hispanics from Puerto Rico. J Clin Rheumatol. 2013;19(1):1–6. doi:10.1097/RHU.0b013e31827cd578.
Al-Matubsi HY, Hamdan F, Alhanbali OA, Oriquat GA, Salim M. Diabetic hand syndromes as a clinical and diagnostic tool for diabetes mellitus patients. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011;94(2):225–229. doi:10.1016/j.diabres.2011.07.012.
Alabdali LAS, Jaeken J, Dinant GJ, Ottenheijm RPG. Awareness of limited joint mobility in type 2 diabetes in general practice in the Netherlands: an online questionnaire survey. BMC Fam Pract. 2019;20(1):98. doi:10.1186/s12875-019-0987-7.