Main Article Content
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Asakura Y, Tachibana K, Adachi M, Suwa S, Yamagami Y. Hypothalamo-pituitary hypothyroidism detected by neonatal screening for congenital hypothyroidism using measurement of thyroid-stimulating hormone and thyroxine. Acta Paediatr. 2002;91(2):172-7. doi: 10.1080/080352502317285171.
Kempers MJ, Lanting CI, van Heijst AF, et al. Neonatal screening for congenital hypothyroidism based on thyroxine, thyrotropin, and thyroxine-binding globulin measurement: potentials and pitfalls. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Sep;91(9):3370-6. doi: 10.1210/jc.2006-0058.
Gonc EN, Yordam N, Ozon A, Alikasifoglu A, Kandemir N. Endocrinological outcome of different treatment options in children with craniopharyngioma: a retrospective analysis of 66 cases. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2004 May-Jun;40(3):112-9. doi: 10.1159/000079852.
Littley MD, Shalet SM, Beardwell CG, Robinson EL, Sutton ML. Radiation induced hypopituitarism is dose-dependent. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1989 Sep;31(3):363-73. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2265.1989.tb01260.x.
Rose SR, Lustig RH, Pitukcheewanont P, et al. Diagnosis of hidden central hypothyroidism in survivors of childhood cancer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999 Dec;84(12):4472-9. doi: 10.1210/jcem.84.12.6097.
Krewer C, Schneider M, Schneider HJ, et al. Neuroendocrine Disturbances One to Five or More Years after Traumatic Brain Injury and Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: Data from the German Database on Hypopituitarism. J Neurotrauma. 2016 Aug 15;33(16):1544-53. doi: 10.1089/neu.2015.4109.
Alexopoulou O, Beguin C, De Nayer P, Maiter D. Clinical and hormonal characteristics of central hypothyroidism at diagnosis and during follow-up in adult patients. Eur J Endocrinol. 2004 Jan;150(1):1-8. doi: 10.1530/eje.0.1500001.
Neumann S, Raaka BM, Gershengorn MC. Constitutively active thyrotropin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone receptors and their inverse agonists. Methods Enzymol. 2010;485:147-60. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-381296-4.00009-9.
Barbesino G, Sluss PM, Caturegli P. Central hypothyroidism in a patient with pituitary autoimmunity: evidence for TSH-independent thyroid hormone synthesis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012 Feb;97(2):345-50. doi: 10.1210/jc.2011-1591.
Beck-Peccoz P, Amr S, Menezes-Ferreira MM, Faglia G, Weintraub BD. Decreased receptor binding of biologically inactive thyrotropin in central hypothyroidism. Effect of treatment with thyrotropin-releasing hormone. N Engl J Med. 1985 Apr 25;312(17):1085-90. doi: 10.1056/NEJM198504253121703.
Persani L, Ferretti E, Borgato S, Faglia G, Beck-Peccoz P. Circulating thyrotropin bioactivity in sporadic central hypothyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000 Oct;85(10):3631-5. doi: 10.1210/jcem.85.10.6895.
Mehta A, Hindmarsh PC, Stanhope RG, Brain CE, Preece MA, Dattani MT. Is the thyrotropin-releasing hormone test necessary in the diagnosis of central hypothyroidism in children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Dec;88(12):5696-703. doi: 10.1210/jc.2003-030943.
Hartoft-Nielsen ML, Lange M, Rasmussen AK, Scherer S, Zimmermann-Belsing T, Feldt-Rasmussen U. Thyrotropin-releasing hormone stimulation test in patients with pituitary pathology. Horm Res. 2004;61(2):53-7. doi: 10.1159/000075239.
Jonklaas J, Bianco AC, Bauer AJ, et al. Guidelines for the treatment of hypothyroidism: prepared by the American Thyroid Association task force on thyroid hormone replacement. Thyroid. 2014 Dec;24(12):1670-751. doi: 10.1089/thy.2014.0028.
de Carvalho GA, Paz-Filho G, Mesa Junior C, Graf H. MANAGEMENT OF ENDOCRINE DISEASE: Pitfalls on the replacement therapy for primary and central hypothyroidism in adults. Eur J Endocrinol. 2018 Jun;178(6):R231-R244. doi: 10.1530/EJE-17-0947.
Persani L, Brabant G, Dattani M, et al. 2018 European Thyroid Association (ETA) Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Management of Central Hypothyroidism. Eur Thyroid J. 2018 Oct;7(5):225-237. doi: 10.1159/000491388.
Koulouri O, Auldin MA, Agarwal R, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of hypothyroidism in TSH deficiency compared to primary thyroid disease: pituitary patients are at risk of under-replacement with levothyroxine. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2011 Jun;74(6):744-9. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2011.03984.x.
Ferretti E, Persani L, Jaffrain-Rea ML, Giambona S, Tamburrano G, Beck-Peccoz P. Evaluation of the adequacy of levothyroxine replacement therapy in patients with central hypothyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999 Mar;84(3):924-9. doi: 10.1210/jcem.84.3.5553.
Slawik M, Klawitter B, Meiser E, et al. Thyroid hormone replacement for central hypothyroidism: a randomized controlled trial comparing two doses of thyroxine (T4) with a combination of T4 and triiodothyronine. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007 Nov;92(11):4115-22. doi: 10.1210/jc.2007-0297.
Agha A, Walker D, Perry L, et al. Unmasking of central hypothyroidism following growth hormone replacement in adult hypopituitary patients. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007 Jan;66(1):72-7. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2006.02688.x.
Doin FC, Rosa-Borges M, Martins MR, Moisés VA, Abucham J. Diagnosis of subclinical central hypothyroidism in patients with hypothalamic-pituitary disease by Doppler echocardiography. Eur J Endocrinol. 2012 Apr;166(4):631-40. doi: 10.1530/EJE-11-0907.