Main Article Content
This literature review deals with endothelial dysfunction. Endothelial dysfunction is presented in noninfectious diseases of the 21st century and at the same moment is a predictor of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, especially in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Microcirculation consists of the arterioles, pre- and postcapillary sphincters, capillaries, venules and lymph capillaries. The pathological conditions such as disease and stress are characterized by the presence of the proinflammatory cytokines which cause the cell dysfunction, thrombosis, fibrosis and injury of endothelium. Laser Doppler flowmetry is a comprehensive noninvasive method for primary assessment of microcirculation, detection of endothelial injury, evidence of infusion therapy effectiveness, disease prognosis. The type of circulation (normal, hyperemic, spasm, stasis) and possible etiological factors of endothelial injury are usually defined according to the results of laser Doppler flowmetry and the European guidelines. It is also important to define the possible treatment of endothelial injury (especially influence of infusion therapy) and its role in pre- and postcapillaries functioning as the method of microcirculatory system assessment. Laser Doppler flowmetry has been widely used in cardiology, endocrinology, rheumatology and in surgical practice.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Patt BT, Jarjoura D, Haddad DN, et al. Endothelial dysfunction in the microcirculation of patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010 Dec 15;182(12):1540-5. doi: 10.1164/rccm.201002-0162OC.
Naraoka M, Matsuda N, Shimamura N, Asano K, Ohkuma H. The role of arterioles and the microcirculation in the development of vasospasm after aneurysmal SAH. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:253746. doi: 10.1155/2014/253746.
Miura H, Toyama K, Pratt PF, Gutterman DD. Cigarette smoking impairs Na+-K+-ATPase activity in the human coronary microcirculation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011 Jan;300(1):H109-17. doi: 10.1152/ajpheart.00237.2010.
Holowatz LA. Human cutaneous microvascular ageing: potential insights into underlying physiological mechanisms of endothelial function and dysfunction. J Physiol. 2008 Jul 15;586(14):3301. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2008.157594.
Grgic I, Eichler I, Heinau P, Si H, Brakemeier S, Hoyer J, Köhler R. Selective blockade of the intermediate-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channel suppresses proliferation of microvascular and macrovascular endothelial cells and angiogenesis in vivo. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005 Apr;25(4):704-9. doi: 10.1161/01.ATV.0000156399.12787.5c.
Paulus WJ, Tschpe C. A novel paradigm for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: comorbidities drive myocardial dysfunction and remodeling through coronary microvascular endothelial inflammation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013 Jul 23;62(4):263-71. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2013.02.092.
Bircher A, de Boer EM, Agner T, Wahlberg JE, Serup J. Guidelines for measurement of cutaneous blood flow by laser Doppler flowmetry: a report from the Standardization Group of the European Society of Contact Dermatitis. Contact Dermatitis. 1994 Feb;30(2):65-72. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0536.1994.tb00565.x.
Fullerton A, Stücker M, Wilhelm KP, et al. Guidelines for visualization of cutaneous blood flow by laser Doppler perfusion imaging: a report from the Standardization Group of the European Society of Contact Dermatitis based upon the HIRELADO European community project. Contact Dermatitis. 2002 Mar;46(3):129-40. doi:10.1034/j.1600-0536.2002.460301.x.
Fullerton A, Fischer T, Lahti A, Wilhelm KP, Takiwaki H, Serup J. Guidelines for measurement of skin colour and erythema: a report from the Standardization Group of the European Society of Contact Dermatitis. Contact Dermatitis. 1996 Jul;35(1):1-10.
Herasymchuk PO, Chornomydz AV, Kisil VP. Comparative evaluation of characteristics of the limbs microcirculation by the metod of laser Doppler flowmetry. Achievements of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. 2012;(1):40-43. (in Ukrainian).
Vasiliev AP, Streltsova NN. Laser Doppler flowmetry in assessment of specifics of skin microhemocirculation in hypertensive patients and in its comorbidity with 2 type diabetes mellitus. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2015;20(12):20-26. (in Russian).
Zheliba MD, Bogachuk MG, Zarezenko TP, Balabuyeva VV, Vovchuk IM. Microcirculatory changes in necrotic-inflammatory focus in patients with 2 type diabetes mellitus. Clinical Anatomy and Operative Surgery. 2017;16(2):10-11. doi: 10.24061/1727-08184.108.40.2067.32. (in Ukrainian).
Bychina ES, Panchenkova LA. Functional specifications of microcirculation in patients with arterial hypertension associated with metabolic syndrome and subclinical hypothyroidism. Medical Visualization. 2013;(6):100-104. (in Russian).
Shinkin MV, Zvenigorodskaya LA, Mkrtumyan AM. Laser Doppler flowmetry and fluorescence spectroscopy as methods for preclinical manifestations of diabetic foot syndrome assessment. Effektivnaia farmakoterapiia. 2018;(18):20-26. (in Russian).
Sander SV. Comparative characteristics of laser photoplethysmography and laser Doppler flowmetry in the study of foot blood supply. Clinical Anatomy and Operative Surgery. 2017;16(2):94-97. doi: 10.24061/1727-08220.127.116.117.53. (in Ukrainian).
Kulikov D, Glazkov A, Dreval A, et al. Approaches to improve the predictive value of laser Doppler flowmetry in detection of microcirculation disorders in diabetes mellitus. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2018;70(2):173-179. doi: 10.3233/CH-170294.
Mostovyj SJe, Dynnyk OB, Berezovs'kyj VA. Investigation of electrical activity of the myocardium and functional state of the skin microcirculatory at ischemic heart disease. Mystectvo likuvannja. 2014;(111-112):29-33. (in Ukrainian).
Vasiliev AP, Streltsova NN, Sekisova MA. Skin microcirculatory organization types in arterial hypertension by the data of doppler flowmetry. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2015;20(4):7-12. (in Russian).
Murray AK, Herrick AL, King TA. Laser Doppler imaging: a developing technique for application in the rheumatic disease. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2004 Oct;43(10):1210-8. doi: 10.1093/rheumatology/keh275.
Sardinha J, MacKinnon S, Lehmann C. Rapid clinical assessment of the sublingual microcirculation - visual scoring using microVAS in comparison to standard semi-automated analysis. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2018 Oct 11. doi: 10.3233/CH-180427.
Yu S, Hu SC, Yu HS, Chin YY, Cheng YC, Lee CH. Early sign of microangiopathy in systemic sclerosis: The significance of cold stress test in dynamic laser Doppler flowmetry. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2019;71(3):373-378. doi: 10.3233/CH-180419.
Dombrovskyi DB, Savin VV. Assessment of microhemodynamic by means of laser doppler floumetry in patients with chronic lower limb ischemia after transplantation of cord blood cells. Hospital Surgery. 2016;(73):34-37. (in Ukrainian).