Main Article Content
The article describes the current understanding of the pathogenesis of different types of thyroid nodules. An algorithm for the diagnosis of thyroid diseases, which is aimed at verifying the morphological structure of goiter before the start of treatment, is presented in order to make the right decision on the indications for surgical treatment and its scope. The main methods for both conservative and surgical treatment of thyroid nodules are considered. The features of the treatment of pregnant women with thyroid nodules have been determined.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Land CE, Kwon D, Hoffman FO, et al. Accounting for shared and unshared dosimetric uncertainties in the dose response for ultrasound-detected thyroid nodules after exposure to radioactive fallout. Radiat Res. 2015 Feb;183(2):159-173. doi: 10.1667/RR13794.1.
Zhao CK, Xu HX, Xu JM, et al. Risk stratification of thyroid nodules with Bethesda category III results on fine-needle aspiration cytology: The additional value of acoustic radiation force impulse elastography. Oncotarget. 2017 Jan 3;8(1):1580-1592. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.13685.
Haugen BR, Alexander EK, Bible KC, et al. 2015 American Thyroid Association Management Guidelines for Adult Patients with Thyroid Nodules and Differentiated Thyroid Cancer: The American Thyroid Association Guidelines Task Force on Thyroid Nodules and Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. Thyroid. 2016 Jan;26(1):1-133. doi: 10.1089/thy.2015.0020.
Tronko M, Bogdanova T, Komisarenko I, et al. Thyroid cancer in Ukraine after the Chernobyl catastrophe: 25-year experience of follow-up. A challenge of radiation health risk management. Nagasaki Newspaper Publish. 2012:239-244.
Tronko ND, Komisarenko IV, Kovalenko AE, Omelchuk AV. Papillary thyroid cancer in Ukraine in a period after Chornobyl accident. Endokrynologiya. 2011;16(1):4-12. (in Ukrainian).
Kovalenko AE, Omelchuk OV, Tarashchenko YuM, Zinych PP, Yanchiy IR. Clinical and pathogenetic approach to treatment of nodular goiter and thyroid tumours. Endokrynologiya. 2010;15(2):327-328. (in Ukrainian).
Alexander EK, Pearce EN, Brent GA, et al. 2017 Guidelines of the American Thyroid Association for the Diagnosis and Management of Thyroid Disease During Pregnancy and the Postpartum. Thyroid. 2017 Mar;27(3):315-389. doi: 10.1089/thy.2016.0457.