Main Article Content
Background. The purpose was to study intrarenal hemodynamics and excretory function using dynamic renoscintigraphy in patients with urolithiasis of solitary kidney on a background of type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM). Materials and methods. The article presents the data of examination of 62 patients with acquired solitary kidney, who were divided into 3 groups: group 1 — 21 persons with nephrolithiasis of solitary kidney and concomitant type 2 DM; group 2 — 23 patients with nephrolithiasis of solitary kidney; group 3 was presented by 18 patients with “healthy” solitary kidney, which remained after nephrectomy. Biochemical blood tests and dynamic renoscintigraphy were performed. Results. In patients with solitary kidney in case of nephrolithiasis, renal venous hypertension is diagnosed, intraglomerular pressure increases and hyperfiltration and hypersecretion occur. In the presence of DM and its complications, peripheral vascular resistance in the kidney gradually increases with the decline of excretory function. Conclusions. Under conditional compensation of kidney function according to the biochemical blood indexes, in patients with nephrolithiasis of solitary kidney, during dynamic renoscintigraphy the significant negative changes are determined in the intrarenal blood flow and excretory kidney function, especially in patients with type 2 DM.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Spiridonenko VV. Violation of homoeostasis and functional state of only kidney, by the staggered urolithiasis. Urology. 2004;(2):12-15. (in Ukrainian).
Saucier NA, Sinha MK, Liang KV, et al. Risk factors for CKD in persons with kidney stones: a case-control study in Olmsted County, Minnesota. Am J Kidney Dis. 2010 Jan;55(1):61-8. doi: 10.1053/j.ajkd.2009.08.008.
Mankovskyi BM, Larin OS, Bertayeva LV. Indexes of diabetes mellitus compensation in Ukraine. Results of Diacontrol research. Clinical Endocrinology and Endocrine Surgery. 2007;(4):46-48. (in Ukrainian).
Spiridonenko VV. Radionuclides researches at the nephrolithiasis of only kidney: the state of internal blood circulation. Urology. 2004;(1):70-74. (in Ukrainian).
Low S, Zhang X, Wang J, et al. Long-term prospective observation suggests that glomerular hyperfiltration is associated with rapid decline in renal filtration function: A multiethnic study. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2018 May 1:1479164118776465. doi: 10.1177/1479164118776465.
Boyko AI. About the functional state of only "healthy" kidney. Health of men. 2011;(4):136-139. (in Ukrainian).