Main Article Content
Background. A high morbidity and prevalence of diabetes mellitus (DM) cause early disability and mortality due to the development of chronic complications. The main cause of death in type 2 DM is associated with cardiovascular diseases. The purpose of the study: to determine the incidence, mechanisms and manifestations of cardiovascular disorders in patients with type 2 DM. Materials and methods. Forty-nine individuals with type 2 DM aged over 50 years were examined, including 25 men and 24 women. Metabolic parameters, changes in the electrocardiogram were determined. Results. In the observation group, 55.1 % of patients had coronary heart disease, 77.6 % — arterial hypertension and 28.6 % — cardiovascular events. An overweight and obesity were prevalent in 83.7 % of patients. In 57.1 %, disorders of lipid metabolism were detected, with the presence of diabetes decompensation in 61.2 %, confirmed by an increased level of glycosylated hemoglobin on average to 8.8 ± 0.3 %. Disorders of the automatism processes, excitability and cardiac conduction were detected: in 12.2 % of cases — sinus tachycardia, in 6.1 % — sinus bradycardia, in 4.1 % — sinus arrhythmia, in 10.2 % — atrial fibrillation, in 8.2 % — supraventricular and ventricular extrasystole, in 30.6 % — intraventricular blockades. 32.7 % of patients had hypoxia manifestations, 8.2 % — changes in the Q wave, 8.2 % — changes in the ST interval. Conclusions. Dysmetabolic disorders are the basis for the development of chronic diabetic complications forming, in particular, cardiac autonomic neuropathy, diabetic cardiomyopathy and atherosclerotic lesions of the cardiovascular system with manifestation of coronary heart disease, arterial hypertension, syndrome of rhythm and conduction disorders, hypoxia.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Bardenheier BH, Lin J, Zhuo X, et al. Compression of disability between two birth cohorts of US adults with diabetes, 1992-2012: a prospective longitudinal analysis. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2016 Aug;4(8):686-94. doi: 10.1016/S2213-8587(16)30090-0.
McEwen LN, Karter AJ, Curb JD, Marrero DG, Crosson JC, Herman WH. Temporal trends in recording of diabetes on death certificates: results from Translating Research Into Action for Diabetes (TRIAD). Diabetes Care. 2011 Jul;34(7):1529-33. doi: 10.2337/dc10-2312.
Lallukka T, Ervasti J, Mattendorfer-Ruz E, et al. The joint contribution of diabetes and work to premature death during working age: a population-based study in Sweden. Scand J Public Health. 2016 Aug;44(6):580-6. doi: 10.1177/1403494816655059.
Рop-Busui R, Evans GW, Gerstein HC, et al. Effects of cardiac autonomic dysfunction on mortality risk in the Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes (ACCORD) trial. Diabetes Care. 2010 Jul;33(7):1578-84. doi: 10.2337/dc10-0125.
Vlasenko MV. Complications of diabetes mellitus - diabetic distal polyneuropathy: pathophysiology and pathogenetic treatment option. Mìžnarodnij endokrinologìčnij žurnal. 2011;(39):44-49. (in Ukrainian).
Mankovsky BN. Diabetic polyneuropathy – epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical features, diagnostics and treatment. In: Karachentsev IuI, Kazakov AV, Kravchun NA, Il'ina IM, editors. 100 izbrannykh lektsii po endokrinologii [100 select lectures on endocrinology]. 2nd ed. Kharkiv: SАМ; 2014. 164-171 pp. (in Russian).
Obrezan AG, Bitsadze RM. Structure of cardiovascular pathology in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, diabetic cardiomyopathy as a special condition of myocardium. Mìžnarodnij endokrinologìčnij žurnal. 2010;(28):18-22. (in Russian).
Ziegler D, Movsesuan L, Mankovsky B, Gurieva I, Abylaiuly Z, Strokov I. Treatment with аctovegin in type 2 diabetic patients with symptomatic polyneuropathy. Diabetes Care. 2009 Aug;32(8):1479-84. doi: 10.2337/dc09-0545.
Kyyak YuH, Kyyak HYu, Barnett OYu. Specifics of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy in the Cases of Concomitant Cardiovascular Diseases: Clinical and Ultrastructural Examinations. Mìžnarodnij endokrinologìčnij žurnal. 2016;(77):33-38. doi: 10.22141/2224-0718.104.22.1686.78751. (in Ukrainian).
Huang YC, Chang PY, Hwang JS, Ning HC. Association of small dense low density lipoprotein cholesterol in type 2 diabetics with coronary artery disease. Biomed J. 2014 Nov-Dec;37(6):375-9. doi: 10.4103/2319-4170.132883.