Main Article Content
Background. Every 2 years, the incidence of endocrine pathology increased by 23–30 %. During the diagnostic search, 25–30 % of patients with endocrine disorders appear to have 2 to 4 combined surgical diseases. The number of simultaneous surgical interventions in this group of patients remains at the level of 1.5–6 %. The purpose of the study was to develop a diagnostic algorithm for detection of combined surgical diseases in patients with disorders of the endocrine system. Materials and methods. We performed the analysis of 764 case records in patients with endocrine disorders who underwent surgery in the period from 2012 to 2016 on the premises of MI “City Clinical Hospital of Emergency Medical Care” and the Zaporizhzhia Regional Clinical Hospital. Results. The analysis of treatment outcomes in this group of patients showed that the number of simultaneous operations in patients with combined surgical pathology was 5.5 %. Conclusions. A small number of simultaneous surgical interventions in patients with endocrine pathology is determined by the low detection rate of combined surgical diseases, which is associated with inadequate examination of patients in the preoperative period. For timely and complete diagnosis of combined surgical pathology in patients with diseases of the endocrine system, it is necessary to extend the standard protocols of patient’s examination and to implement a wide application of additional research methods. The suggested algorithm for examination of patients with disorders of the endocrine system will allow you to diagnose concomitant surgical pathology.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Nikonenko AS, Zavgorodniу SN, Podluzhnyi AA, Vil'khovoi SO, Gaidarzhi EI. Experience in the application of simultaneous operations in patients with adrenal tumors. Zaporozhye Medical Journal. 2010;1(12):17-18. (in Russian).
Yadav K, Bakshi G, Prakash G, Tamhankar A, Verma K. Simultaneous bilateral laparoscopic adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma in multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndrome: Case report with review literature. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2014;5(8):487-90. doi: 10.1016/j.ijscr.2014.03.007.
Nychytaylo ME, Lytvynenko OM, Gulko OM, Zagriychuk MS, Lukecha II. Simultaneous laparoscopic treatment in patients with gallbladder diseases and different disorders of adrenal glands. Harkovskaya hirurgicheskaya shkola. 2013;3:26-30. (in Russian).
Cherenko S, Sheptukha S. Simultant operations on thyroid and parathyroid glands and their influence on the appearance of postoperative hypocalcaemia. Klinichna endokrynologija ta endokrynna hirurgija. 2015;1(49):14-18. (in Russian).
Pavlovsky M, Kolomiytsev V, Syroid O, Havrysh Ja. The simultaneous operations at patients with cholelithiasis and surgical pathology of endocrine organs. Klinichna endokrynologija ta endokrynna hirurgija. 2010;1(30):16-19. (in Russian).