Main Article Content
Background. The development of disabling effects in obesity is connected to the functioning disorders of adipose tissue hormones — the adipokines, including vaspin. The nature of changes in vaspin content in Ukrainians with different body weight requires further investigation. The purpose was to investigate vaspin content in circulating blood in Kharkіv citizens, depending on the body mass index, degree and topography of adipose tissue deposit, blood insulin levels, the index of insulin resistance HOMA and adipose tissue level. Materials and methods. Content of vaspin in circulation in 250 people aged 65.48 ± 11.86 years has been defined by imunnoenzyme method. The nature of the relationship between vaspin and the body mass index, waist and thigh circumference, fat content, blood insulin levels and insulin resistance index HOMA were evaluated. Results. The blood vaspin level was found to depends on the relative content of adipose tissue. Decreased sensitivity of tissues to insulin (NOMA-index more than 4.00) among representatives of the Ukrainian population is accompanied by increased blood vaspin more than 650 ng/ml. Conclusions. The perspective direction is to detect reasons of gender differences in vaspin level in obesity.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Lu Y, Hajifathalian K, Ezzati M, et al. Metabolic mediators of the effects of body-mass index, overweight, and obesity on coronary heart disease and stroke: a pooled analysis of 97 prospective cohorts with 1-8 million participants. Lancet. 2014;383(9921):970-83. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736 (13)61836-X.
Rоmеrо-Corrali A, Montori VM, Somers VK, et al. Association of bodyweight with total mortality and with cardiovascular events in coronary artery disease: a systematic review of cohort studies. Lancet. 2006;368:666-678. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(06)69251-9.
Masters RK, Reither EN, Powers DA, et al. The impact of obesity on US mortality levels: the importance of age and cohort factors in population estimates. Am J Public Health. 2013;103(10):1895-901. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2013.301379.
Wang XH, Dou LZ, Gu C, et al. Plasma levels of omentin-1 and visfatin in senile patients with coronary heart disease and heart failure. Trop Med. 2014 Jan;7(1):55-62. doi: 10.1016/S1995-7645(13)60192-3.
Mm WQ, Fan J, Khor S, et al. Serum vaspin levels and vaspin mRNA expression in subcutaneous adipose tissue in women with gestational diabetes mellitus. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014 Nov;182:98-101. doi: 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2014.09.008.
Feng R, Li Y, Wang C, et al. Higher vaspin levels in subjects with obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus: a meta-analysis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014 Oct;106(1):88-94. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2014.07.026.
Yan M, Su B, Peng W, et al. Association of serum vaspin and adiponectin levels with renal function in patients with or without type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Diabetes Res. 2014;2014:86-7. doi: 10.1155/2014/868732.
Kravchun PG, Kravchun PP. The value of adipocytokines in development and progress of chronic heart failure in patients with post-infarction cardiosclerosis and type 2 diabetes. Meditsina (Kazakhstan). 2015;1(151):5-9. (In Russian).
Choi SH, Kwak SH, Lee Y, et al. Plasma vaspin concentrations are elevated in metabolic syndrome in men and are correlated with coronary atherosclerosis in women. Clin Endocrinol. (Oxf). 2011 Nov;75(5):628-35. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2011.04095.x.
Hida K, Wada J, Eguchi J, et al. Visceral adipose tissue-derived serine protease inhibitor: a unique insulin-sensitizing adipocytokine in obesity. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2005;102(30):10610-5. doi: 10.1073/pnas.0504703102.
Wada J. Vaspin and insulin resistance. Rinsho Byori. 2008;56(8):705-11. (In Japanese). PMID: 18800627.
Wang YM, Wang WP, Wang LP, et al. Calorie control increased vaspin levels of serum and periepididymal adipose tissue in diet-induced obese rats in association with serum free fatty acid and tumor necrosis factor alpha. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010 Apr;123(7):936-41. PMID: 20497691.
Nakatsuka A, Wada J, Iseda I, et al. Visceral adipose tissue-derived serine proteinase inhibitor inhibits apoptosis of endothelial cells as a ligand for the cell-surface GRP78/voltage-dependent anion channel complex. Circulation Res. 2013;112(5):771-80. PubMed: 23307819. doi: 10.1161/circresaha.111.300049.
Kravchun NA, Kazakov AV, Karachentsev YuI, et al, authors. Saharnyj diabet 2 tipa: skrining i faktory riska [Type 2 diabetes mellitus: screening and risk factors]. Kharkiv: Novoe slovo; 2010. 256 p. (In Russian).
Rudnev SG, Soboleva NP, Sterlikov SA, et al, authors. Bioimpedansnoe issledovanie sostava tela naselenija Rossii [Bioimpedance research of body composition of Russian population]. Мoscow: RIO TSIIOIZ; 2014. 493 p. (In Russian).